Today we are going to discuss the verification and the status of Mobile Phone through IMEI number. It is the final phase of device identification and registration and blocking system (DIRBS). According to PTA 20th October 2018 is the last date to verify your mobile through IMEI Number. This unique system will control the illegal device importers, and mobile device users and improve the security situation in Pakistan. As we know that every mobile phone having SIM/IMEI operating in Pakistan will be blocked by DIRBS. According to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA)/DIRBS regulations If your mobile device status reflecting non-compliant status then your device will be blocked after 20th October 2018.
Mobile phone users much obtain PTA Certificate mobile after 20th October 2018.
Here’s how to verify the status of your Mobile Device!
In order to find your mobile IMEI simply dial *#06# and send your device number via SMS To 8484. Furthermore, you can check your device status through PTA android mobile www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk.
How to get IMEI no:
- Find Imei number By dialing *#06# on your mobile device
- Furthermore, It is also printed on box and device
- Moreover, the IMEI information is also available in the ‘About phone’ section of smartphones ‘Settings’ tab.
- The unique code is also printed inside the battery compartment which can be seen after removing back cover and battery.
How to register:
There are three available ways for the user to register the Mobile device.
- Via SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
- Through PTA website
- or via mobile app specially developed by PTA for DIRBS system
4 Categories of Responses You Should Know About!
There are 4 categories of responses that can be received by a subscriber inquiring about the status of its IMEI(s) as explained below:
- Compliant devices your mobile device is legally registered or approved in Pakistan.
- Valid Device such devices are containing original/valid (GSMA approved) IMEI Number, however, it is not PTA approved. for auto, registration makes any call, SMS, or use the internet before 20th October to registered Automatically.
- Non-Compliant Devices: such a device that is not containing GSM IMEI number or it is duplicated. To facilitate such user PTA providing IMEIs with prepaid SIMS. For an auto pair with IMEIs to SIM, card users must do any revenue-generating activity from their SIM before 20th October 2018.
- Blocked devices mean that your IMEI number is blocked due to stolen reported.